This blogging training resources post contains all the information that you are going to need to learn how to successfully and perfectly manage blog/website publishing. The emphasis is on publishing with WordPress, which is the most popular blog publishing platform. It is mainly recommended to read along with my case study: How to Make Extra Money From Home – [Case Study $0-3,092/Month in 12 Month Working 4 Hr/wk)
Structure of this Blogging training
This training is divided into modules from 1-5. Each of these modules are designed to progress you to the next level. Each module is made up of VIDEOS for you to watch and follow along as well as TEXT based articles for you to read and follow/implement on your blog.
All the VIDEOS are hosted on you tube. The links are provided in each module so you have to click the link and watch the video.
Likewise, the TEXT BASED articles are hosted on different websites. So you have to click each link and read each article provided.
Please make sure you read each and every article provided. Some might seem similar, but it does not hurt to read the same info. You always learn something new. So do not ignore any article.
As you read the TEXT based articles linked to in this training, you will see many popups asking you to input your email for some info, free gift etc., please ignore them. Or if you would like to learn what they offer, I suggest you subscribe with an email which you do not use for official communications. if you use your official email, you will start receiving lots of emails and your important emails may get lost in these many emails and you may fail to see them, thus miss some important communications.
Therefore, if you feel tempted to signup for any offer, please use a different email.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
This is a practical training, so you actually have to do each steps in the modules.
For this training you will need:
- A domain name
- A hosting account with Cpanel where your blog/website will be hosted
- Articles to post on your newly created blog.
Advise: Make Google and YouTube your friend. If you need to learn anything which is not effectively covered in this training, just google it or search for it on YouTube. There is plenty of free info.
I am also available 24/7 to help you out whenever you get stuck at any step/module. Just reach out to me.
How to use the blogging training:
If you follow all the modules, You will undoubtedly become a master in blogging. I predict that each module should take you about 1-2 days to master.
LETS START THE TRAINING
TRANING MODULE 1: BLOGGING BASICS
- What is a blog? difference between a blog and a website:
- The different platform where you can start a blog
NOTE: We use WordPress so that is what you will be learning in this training.
HOW TO START A BLOG
- Installing WordPress:
IMPORTANT: These are the details you need to install your WordPress as explained in the video above:
- Your domain name
- Access your domain’s cpanel
TRANING MODULE 2: THEMES, PLUGINS, POSTS, PAGES, WIDGETS, FOOTER AND HEADERS
- After you have installed the WordPress blog from cpanel, now you have your blog live and ready to post any content you want. So you have to customize your blog by adding a theme you like, plugins, the important “Must have pages” and making necessary changes which will be good for your website’s SEO.
- To login into your blog and publish posts or make the changes, you go to this url:
Login with the username “admin” and the password that you saved in module 1
FIRST THING WHEN YOU LOGIN TO WORDPRESS:
- Configure your blog.
VIDEO 2.1 (WATCH FROM 7.40 MINUTE MARK)
- Learn about themes and plugins (and know the difference between the two)
- Learn how to install and activate a theme and a plugin in WordPress: (WATCH VIDEO 2.1 AND 2.2 and 2.3)
VIDEO 2.3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXM1QgMODW0
- Learn about the essential plugins for a new WordPress site.
Note: There are hundreds of plugins, but for a start you will only need to install these ones:
- WordPress SEO by Yoast
- Google XML Sitemaps
- Wordfence Security
- Google Analytics Dashboard for WP
- WP Statistics
- Lazy load for images
- Learn the difference between footer and header on a blog/website.
- Learn the difference between a page, a post and widgets on WordPress
- How to create a page on WordPress
- How to create a post in WordPress
VIDEO 2.4 (FOR pages and posts):
VIDEO 2.5 (FOR PAGES, POSTS AND WIDGETS):
- Learn about the essential pages that your website must have (For legal purposes)
- Create the essential pages on your WordPress site:
Pages to create:
- About us page
- Contact us Page
- Terms and Conditions page
TRAINING MODULE 3: SETTING YOUR BLOG UP FOR SEO SUCCESS IN THE SEARCH ENGINES
NOTE 1: This is perhaps the most important module because it determines the success of your blog in the search engine. Whether it will rank well in the search engines and thus your posts attract visitors to your blog. So make sure you learn everything.
NOTE 2: WE shall basically use the plugin called YOAST SEO to manage every aspect of our blogs SEO. so this module is about you extensively understanding all the settings you must do on Yoast SEO for your blog. The general setting and how to SEO your blog posts with Yoast SEO.
VIDEO 3.1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4oqyRhDvXM
TRAINING MODULE 4: ADDING CONTENT TO YOUR BLOG (PUBLISHING YOUR POSTS)
- Know what a CATEGORY is. Know what a TAG i. Know what are MENUS. Learn how to create categories, how to assign posts to appropriate categories, how to add tags to posts, and learn how to add menus to your blog (EITHER IN HEADER, OR FOOTER).
ADDING WORDPRESS BLOG POSTS AND PUBLISHING THEM:
- ADDING HEADING AND SUBHEADING (H1, H2, H3, ETC) to your WordPress posts
- How to format your paragraphs etc. in your posts
VIDEO 4.11 (HOW TO ADD IMAGES IN YOUR BLOG POSTS AND PAGES)
VIDEO 4.12 (HOW TO LINK TO OTHER WEBSITES OR AFFILIATE LINKS IN BLOG POSTS)
TRAINING MODULE 5: KNOW SOME BASIC HTML FOR WORDPRESS
Knowing some basic html will help you properly manage your WordPress posts and to publish content that is good for visitors and search engines.
So you should know some basic html.
- READ THESE AND PRACTICE IN YOUR POSTS.